Monday, April 30, 2012

Week 11- Letters #12

Mon, Apr 30, 2012 at 9:55 AM Hola!! (To dad) QUE EXELENTE!!!!! Sounds like it was an awesome graduation you had dad. Its crazy that you graduated and I know that you will find a lot of different options from graduating from college, and not to mention much success. I am grateful for your example to graduate from college. I really enjoyed the chapter (in Jesus the Christ) too. It was full of awesome facts. I really liked the part that explained when the birth of the Savior was. I really think it was made clear.I liked how it explained the part that said "in the commencement of the year". I am trying to teach through the spirit and trying to have the spirit with me and I think I will be able to do this more as I have more time in my mission and can understand better. It is difficult for [investigators] to go to church especially since we have church at 9 am. My area is pretty big. We hardly use public transportation because of the cost and because we need the exercise. I think my Spanish is coming along pretty good. I enjoyed your testimony too. I know too that this is the true church and that we can repent through the atonement of the Savior. Love, Elder Corbin Hola, Yeah it was weird when I ask him [his comp], "what do you do for the 5 of May/" he said "what is the 5 of may?" But i think it is just the American celebration of a war. But you should definitely still do it. Try Jaimaica. It is a juice. You might like it. I think it's pretty good. It is different though. Yeah, we normally eat pizza like once every other week. Not much. I usually wake up at 6:30 then I eat and get ready. After that I study language and doctrine until 12:00. Then we go teach and find new investigators. We then normally return at like 9 pm and plan for the next day and then go to bed. It was good to hear an update on everyone. Sounds like things are getting challenging, but I know that if anyone would be able to take these challenges, it would be my family. Keep pushing on and I know you will be blessed. Also, the Lord is always there for us. This is one thing that I have learned a little bit about, and am continuing to learn about each day. I feel that [our family] devotionals helped me prepare for my mission by learning to devote time to the Lord. Each day we would spend time that we could have been sleeping to talk about gospel topics, and to learn doctrine and give thanks. So in a summary it taught me to love the Lord and prepared me to spend all my time, 24/7, [devoted] to the Lord. I enjoyed what you said about the scriptures and oh how true it is. The scriptures have every answer you would ever have a question to. We actually aren't teaching any families as of right now, but I will tell you about them when I begin teaching them. There are mostly just individuals that live alone and maybe are dating someone. I am able to exercise a lot and I am trying to eat as much healthy food as I can. That would be awesome if you could send me more garlic. I would definitely take it more, if not every day. I love you all; adios! Elder Corbin

No comments:

Post a Comment