Monday, May 21, 2012

Weeks 14 & 15 - Letters # 15 & 16

Mon, May 28, 2012 at 5:11 PM Como Estan? Sounds like pretty good! It was a huge week for you guys! How awesome. And you have another big week this week. Life is packed. I am so excited for DaeNeese. She will have a great time down there. Those were some pretty cool pictures too. Looks like Brett had a pretty good court of honor and Senior ball. How awesome that Conner and Bronson started a business. That should be pretty cool, and good for Conner. I didn't know that we put some foot cream in with my things. haha. I will use that then. I would like to share with you a miracle that happened this week. We have an investigator that is 12 years old. We asked him to pray about whether the church was true, and he said he would. When we returned he said that he prayed and felt that the church is true. He then said that he wanted to know for sure for sure. He asked that it would rain the next day. It did...I was amazed to hear this. I know that our Savior lives and loves us. I know that he is watching over us and protecting us. I love all you guys and will talk to you next week. Les amo, Elder Corbin ************************************************************************************************************** Mon, May 21, 2012 at 2:57 PM Hola! Yeah I cant wait till I can read Brett's patriarchal blessing. I bet it was an awesome experience. I am really grateful for the opportunity to have my patriarchal blessing to guide me and give my life direction. Ok so I will be sending the memory card to you next week, and I didn't bring everything for my camera to send pictures to you but next week I will. I will prepare to give advice for Christmas time. It does sound like a big week for you all. Lots of big events coming up. So both of those houses across the street are going to be empty then? Pretty crazy. So Brett's liking his work then? That's good. And 3 nights every week isn't too bad. That's cool that they offered him a position when he returns if he wants. Yeah that's a good idea for Brett to work until his mission. That's awesome that Eliza and you are having a good time. That should be fun to go on a camp out together. I remember going on camp outs with dad. Those were always a blast for me! Right now we are working hard to find those people that are "chosen." The people who Heavenly Father has prepared for us and who are ready to be baptized in the church. We don't have any baptismal dates yet but we had the opportunity to take Jacobo to a baptismal service on Saturday and we are hoping this is going to get him excited. It is a pretty slow area, but I know that we are going to find those people that are ready. President Flores is expecting more from us. He wants us to have 30 baptismal dates each week. We are going to try all we can to achieve this goal. I don't have many challenges. Some times I get tired but not for long. I just focus and forget about myself. I am having a BLAST here. I have not been eating much bananas but I will buy some. My letter address is Ernesto Brede #301 Col. Amp. Los Ángeles Torreón Coahuila CP 27148. Packages get sent to a chapel. It is the central chapel for the mission. The address is: Elder Brandon Corbin/Mexico Torreon Mission / Calle Ernesto Breede #301/ Col. Ampliacion Los Angeles/ 27140 Torreon, Coahuila/ Mexico. I know that this is the true gospel and we can all live eternally if we persevere until the end. This includes going to church, praying keeping the commandments and things like this. Les amo, Elder Corbin

No comments:

Post a Comment